Cumulus Media, #1 for Country and radio’s dominant source for Country music, announced the ten (10) Country music artists selected as finalists in NASH Next 2017, a one-of-a-kind national and grassroots talent search and artist development program for Country music sponsored nationally by Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM.
The 10 finalists were selected by a panel of Country radio professionals and will be judged in the finale by Country music luminaries and industry professionals, including Kix Brooks and Scott Borchetta. Additional judges will be announced in the coming weeks.
The winner will receive a record deal with NASH Next Records under the Big Machine Label Group. The NASH Next 2017 winner will receive substantial exposure, commensurate with a major label release, on Cumulus radio stations nationwide. While television boasts several talent competitions, no other contest -- on any platform -- has ever offered its winners a similar opportunity for coveted radio play, which is the most effective medium to cultivate an artist and propel a major music career.
The 10 national finalists are:
1) Lick Creek representing Bloomington & Peoria, IL
2) Katie Austin representing New Orleans, LA
3) Morgan Leigh Band representing Oxnard/Ventura, CA
4) Natalie Spiroff representing Cincinnati, OH
5) Alexis Gomez representing Centerville, OH
6) Gyth Rigdon representing Lake Charles, LA & Beaumont, TX
7) Schatzi + the String Boffin representing Fort Walton Beach, FL
8) Radio Romance representing Nashville, TN
9) Mike Rut representing Salt Lake City, UT
10) Ashley Jordan representing Worcester, MA